Life Cycle Analysis of Products
A Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), or Life Cycle Assessment, involves examining and quantifying the greenhouse gas emissions impact from each phase of your product’s life. This typically starts from the extraction and transport of raw materials utilised by the product, the processing raw materials, product manufacture, packaging and freight to the point of use. It may also be of interest for your company to determine the emissions during the usage and disposal/recycling or recovery phases of the product’s life.
Provide your customers with a Carbon neutral Product
A Life Cycle Analysis of your service or product will allow your organisation to:
- Quantify the greenhouse impact of its product or service
- Make a stepwise trace of the impacts of the product; allowing the identification and implementation of emission reduction strategies down the supply chain
- Disclose the carbon footprint on its packaging, with a view to marketing and displaying the emission reductions of the product as enhancements are made
- Determine the carbon footprint of your product or service versus comparable products or services within the market place
- Quantify the offset needed to certify your product or service carbon neutral
The audits follow life-cycle measurement standards prescribed within ISO 14044 which is the group of International standards for life cycle assessments.
Enquire now about having a Life Cycle Analysis conducted on your product.
Click the image to see the stages of a product's life cycle